Wednesday, October 13, 2010

They go out walking...

Today was International Walk to School Day. This sweet child has been pestering me about this for a month! Seriously, I'm not kidding. Let me explain this to you. Everyday he has asked "are we still walking to school"? I'd tell him "yes, as long as you can get your butt in gear". Nice, huh? ; )



Did he get it in gear this morning? By goly yes!!!!! The child was up at 5:45am!!!! He fixed his own beakfast, took his vitamins and brushed his teeth, before I even rolled out of bed. I had to laugh or I was gonna cry at this. 15 minutes and he was ready. And it takes him almost an hour on a regular school day.

Michael offered to "walk" with him this morning. We don't live right around the corner from the school, it is 1 mile exactly. So, to be honest I was thrilled to not have to drag Ainsley out of bed and strap her into the stroller and depart on that hike. ; )




Now, I hestitated for about a second before uploading this picture. Some of you may think it's strange, but for those who know my husbands sense of humor you will understand. Yes, this is normal behavior for him. Ha! Makes me laugh just thinking about it.



Sweet girl happy in her car seat....as long as it is accompanied by warm milk in a bottle.


Figured Michael would be hungry after his trek to school. So, Ainsley and I decided we'd surprise him and pick him up on his way back with breakfast. Yea, I try and be sweet like that. ; )

Would have to say mission accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. YAY he got up in time! How fun!
    And well Michael... I have no words...
    I think I would have rather driven through the drive thru this morning if it meant the bag was going to say chick fil a!
    Glad he got to walk!

    ReplyDelete