Thursday, October 14, 2010

EIEIOpps

This morning we had Tanner's EIEIOpps musical at school. His class wore gray shirts, blue jeans and horse hats. We were afraid he'd be totally embarrased by the whole ordeal. He doesn't like to wear things on his head and the thought of singing in front of people is about more than he can handle.....usually. He actually participated in all of it this morning. I couldn't have been more proud of him! He's starting to loosen up.....even if it is just a little, and 3 years in the making. I'll take what I can get.
















The play was about the farmer's cow couldn't/wouldn't moo. So, they were trying to figure out why, and how to correct the moo-less cow. In the end the kids lined up and payed the cow many compliments. There were several funny ones (we really like your udders) but the message was clear.

We all want to loved, appreciated and feel that we belong somewhere. I couldn't help but turn it around and wonder if I was making my loved ones feel the same way. Do I take the time to make them feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside? Am I so busy running that I've missed something? Am I building them up to be all that they can be? Not only all of this, but isn't it what God has called us to do? To show love and compassion to all of His children?


"Therefore, as we have the opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers".
Galatians 6:10
"Be sure you know the condtions of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds".
Proverbs 27:23

No comments:

Post a Comment