Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Little of this and a little of that....

I've had a few projects going this last week. The first one is a October decoration. I say that because I don't really care for Halloween. Don't get me wrong I like to decorate with the cute stuff. You know pumpkins, scare crows and the like. But not the gory, nasty make you scream kinda things.



I started out with a 12x12 piece of wood. Painted 2 coats of terra cotta, and then 1 coat of black. I sanded down the surface to give it that worn look that I just adore.

This is what it looked like after I applied the stencil.


And voila!!! My finished board. I applied a little sparkle to some of just to give it a little shimmer. Still need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby to find a easel for it. : )



Found 2 new quilting/fabric stores that have awesome fabric. Just not somewhere I would take Ainsley. Not because it's in a bad area, but it is so jammed packed with bolts of fabric that I wouldn't be able to get the stroller in there.



Realized after I finished this outfit that the last two I have made for her have been orange and brown. Think it's time for a different color, whatcha think? ; ) Maybe time for some zebra! Haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment