Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Mayham

Today we took off for a day of errands. Which wouldn't have been such a big deal. BUT, did you check the thermometer outside? UGH!! I decided (not one of by brightest ideas) that I would try and get all our running around done in one day. Yea, go ahead and say it, I've got a few screws that are loose. ; ) At least I can laugh about it.
Since Father's Day is Sunday I knew we (I) needed to get out and get busy. Michael is really into golf, so I took that idea and ran with it. Below are a few things that we picked up. Will share pics after Father's Day of how we pulled it off.


Stop #1 was at Hobby Lobby. I could spend hours in that store, without the munchkins of course. Moving on, we saw this statue. Tanner began to talk about what it's going to be like in heaven. He said "Mommy, did you know that in heaven the lion and the lamb will lay beside each other"? And that the lion won't eat the lamb"? It was again at that moment that you realize they do get it. All those Sundays at church, all the talks that you've had, have really made a difference. I think sometimes as parents we get tired of repeating ourselves, over and over again, that we become irritated and frustrated. It is at times like this that I realize that even though I may feel like a broken record, he is listening. Whether it be about Christ or the day to day chores. I pray that I am reminded everyday that it all matters. Our children are watching and listening to all that we say and do.






















No comments:

Post a Comment