Monday, June 28, 2010

Good bye

I sat down last week to start a post but I couldn't type a thing. Dad passed away unexpectedly June 16th from a tear in his aorta. The last 2 weeks have been awful. I have experienced every emotion a person can have all at the same time. Sleep doesn't come easily. Ainsley still doesn't sleep all night and that just adds to the exhaustion. I am trying to get our lives back to some normalcy but find myself still in a daze. "Why now" is where I'm stuck!! I know that we may never know the answer this side of heaven. God is in control and his ways are perfect. I try to give all my anger, hurt and confusion over to Him but find myself failing miserably. Knowing that Dad is no longer hurting from all of his aches and pains (and trust me there were more than his fair share) makes good bye a little easier, but the reality of it all comes creeping back and I'm back at square one. I know that time heals all wounds and that with His strength I will laugh again.

Dad, I love you and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment