Friday, October 23, 2009

What Faith Can Do

I was driving home after dropping Tanner off at school when I heard this song. I was overcome with memories from the past and couldn't stop the tears.


My mind instantly took me back 5 years ago when my fertility surgeon told me if I was ever going to have another child it would only happen either with in-vitro or fertility drugs. I knew that I didn't want to go down that road. I had already had two surgeries and numerous attempts at hormone therapy just to get pregnant with Tanner. Michael and I both agreed that if we were meant to have another child it would be in God's timing not ours. I knew that deep down in my heart but still tried everything humanly possible. Took all kinds of herbs, vitamins, and avoided certain foods. This pain consumed my life. I cried every time someone told me they were pregnant.....and wondered why I couldn't have that. Praying and asking God "why"? I prayed every night for 5 years.....asking God for patience, wisdom and understanding.....because I certainly didn't understand it at all no matter how hard I tried.


About 11 months ago I was finally at peace with Tanner being our only child. Here is where God's timing comes in:


The day after Christmas I found I was pregnant....yep I said it! ME! I took two tests before I told Michael....had to make sure I wasn't seeing things.


I share this story in hopes that someone out there will see that God does hear our prayers....he just wants us to have faith and know that He is on control. Yes, we waited 5 years for our sweet baby girl. But because of it I have grown stronger in my faith and know that God has his reason for it and I can't wait to see how He's going to use my pain to help someone else.



1 comment: