Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lesson Learned

The last two days have been incredibly long and exhausting. Ainsley started running fever yesterday morning. Since our sweet girl is only 2 months our pediatrician took no chance. I took her temperature every 2 hours through out the night and gave her tylenol as needed. We went in this morning for a urine culture and flu test. After what seemed like an hour waiting.....both came back negative. Then we headed over to the hospital for blood work....nothing could have prepared me for what was to come. After signing all the consent forms they called for Ainsley. Here I was carrying her back... crying and telling her how sorry I was for what was about to happen. They tried but couldn't find a vein to draw blood out of. So they called the NICU nurse down. Here I was holding her down and trying to comfort her when I realized this is how our Heavenly Father feels when we are in pain. There are no words to describe the hurt I felt in my heart....but knowing that He understood and felt my pain made it bearable.

We have received half of the results on her blood work....so far all is ok. Praise God!!! We will know the rest by the end of the weekend.



"The LORD is my strength and my shield". Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment